A Mocha is not a thing, but an idea. An interesting idea. An idea so interesting it has gained
sentience and learned how to use memes to conquer the world.
What this Website is
This website is a collection of several things:
my conlangs and conworlds, including latest conworld Namei, collections of information I find useful, and small "what-if?" projects I've worked on.
Since my primary fields of interest are mathematics and linguistics, most of the content on this site is either on or inspired by these fields.
Chances are you stumbled across this site either by trying to find my conlangs or by searching something weirdly specific into google that only small esoteric sites like these, in the backalleys of the internet, would have.
Please note that I am not a professional anything, and so information found on this site should be used with a heaping tablespoon of salt.
In any case, please enjoy your stay.
Other Info about this Site:
You can now customize the style of this website!
In Firefox, simply go to View -> Page Style and select which style you want.
In IE and Opera, simply go to View -> Style.
Currently, this site (aside from index.html, recommend.html, and search.html) offers these styles:
- Light - the default theme you likely seem here
- Dark - the default theme with background colors and foreground colors swapped, resulting in a dark appearance
- Blend - a 'best of both worlds' between the dark and index themes
Please enjoy this new update! I have also added a printer-friendly style to these same pages too!
You can find a more thorough list of likes in my recommendations page,
but here are my broad interests:
- Number Theory - Properties of integers - primes, etc.
- Matrices - I've been taking a linear algebra course and have fallen in love. Save me before it's too late...
- Anime - I've been watching more and more often. It's slowly becoming a pastime. Not sure what genre I like most since I haven't watched much, but dramas tend to be interesting.
- Culture Shit:
- Linguistics - Culture in general is interesting, but languages are my favorite part.
- Stories - Like, personal stories. Because I'm creepy af obv. I love the Slice-of-Life genre. To pieces.
- Traditions - Quirks of culture.
- Furry shit - ...BOO! Hah, you blinked!
Whoops wrong list lol
- Being alone
- Being awkward
- Forgetting what I just said
- Forgetting what I just said
- Forgetting what I just said
- Forgetting what I was just about to do
- Accidentally writing lists that are out of order
- Indecision on only the least important choices
- Listening to the same vine on loop for 16 hours
- Never finishing projects
- Overanalyzing everything
- Regretting a social interaction that happened a decade ago that literally nobody else remembers
- Cartography - see the Namei glossary for numerous maps of my current conworld.
- Conlanging - I also do words...
- Conworlding - ... among other things.
- Image Editing - Particularly, speed-image-editing,
where I try to edit an image as quickly as possible.
This practice started when I watched streams with friends and wanted to make visual jokes before the joke ran stale.
I have since been doing it as a hobby since it is fun,
and have developed many techniques that allow me to rapidly edit images,
without having to sacrifice much in terms of quality.
I have slowly developed this personal 'style' and am quite pleased with some of the results.
- Programming - You're looking at it. You can check out my github profile for other programs.
Favorite artistic works, in a listish:
...and a LOT of others, this is just a small selection of films I've liked
- Dr. Strangelove
- Python - Holy Grail, Life of Brian
- Star Wars
- Twelve Angry Men
- 2001: A Space Odyssey
- Better Watch Out
- Video Games
- CKII/EUIV/HOI4/Stellaris (Paradox Grand Strategy - particularly the latter two. Hell, I've even made semi-popular mods for them!)
- SimCity 4
- ...and LOTS of flash games...
- Lord Jake
Okay, really though. What are you?
- A faggot (Bi, ish) - it's complicated.
- Questioning - probably something like agender but a label doesn't matter to me enough to find one. Unfortunately there isn't a really offensive transgender slur (YET!) so I will have to make do with self-identifying as a tranny.
- Part human (white) and part subhuman (not-white, hispanic to be exact) -
I get to oppress myself, isn't that cool?!
- Furry Trash, as if cringe could possibly reach such concentration. I own nothing yet though, so maybe I'm redeemable.
- A student - I also work part-time at my college.
- Descriptivist - With regards to grammar,
but sometimes prescriptivist in written language,
cause come the fuck on man!
Have some decency!
Since recent events *cough cough 2016 election cough* I have become less political,
but I consider myself to be:
- Unaffiliated/No Party/None/Whatfuck ever
- Center-Left, although nowadays that means I'm either a communist or an alt-righter to you, because nuance is haram and everything must be black and white.
- Egalitarian/Equalist - There are only a small handful of exceptions, eg. I think there should be a drinking age.
- Pacifist -
And I murder all who disagree. Seriously though, no exception.
- Pro-Free-Speech/Pro-First-Amendment -
Except towards people I disagree with, I mean, fuck those guys, amirite?
And before you say "well sounds like you're a...", no, no I'm not (Feminists, I'm talking to you!).
I don't care how you define political groups, I only identify as what I've already listed.
As for my views on more specific issues, they usually align with progressivism (nota bene: usually).
Things I don't Like
I could give a list of the traits I find desirable in a person, in all contexts from in general to dating (wink wink),
but I feel it may be more useful to discuss traits I don't like - since these are fewer, more specific, and more concrete.
First, I will list items which would automatically cause me to dislike the person, and then I will go onto things I am willing to look over.
Here I have listed them roughly in order of how much it would affect my view of them.
Since the first list automatically makes me dislike them, there is no order in the first list, only the second.
- Advocates for violence, especially against a specific class of people.
- Anti-First Amendment
- Any kind of anti-LGBT, racism, sexism, etc-ism.
- Lack of humor.
- Prone to anger/douchebaggery.
- Against rule of law, presumption of innocence, etc.
- Science denial.
- Lack of self-awareness / hypocrisy.
- Non-ironic prescriptivism.
- Doesn't know what sarcasm is.
- Culturally / Geographically unaware.
- People taking this page seriously.
As you can see, I tend to be a pretty open person (at least, relative to most) and I stuggle to find issue with people.
Mocha Described in Quotes
In general I hate quotes, but for the purpose of making a quick list describing myself, there's hardly a more effective way.
- Brevity is the soul of wit.
- This is the sole philosophical quote I ever quote verbatim - it's already perfect. In addition, it is true in multiple ways:
- No argument is more effective than one straight and to the point.
- A proof relying on fewer assumptions is better than one relying on many.
- A lot of people write long-winded, vacouous, and vapid blog posts. Their blogs would be so much more amazing if they'd just get to the damn point already.
- A witty saying proves nothing.
- Partly why I refrain from direct quotations.
- The only thing I know, is that I know nothing.
- The more you know about a subject, the more you learn you don't know.
- If you think you know even most of what there is to know about something, you're wrong.
- Any fool can know. The point is to understand.
This in particular rings true to me as one who tutors in math.
People focus too much on memorizing formulae instead of understanding why they work.
The greatest irony is that you don't actually need to memorize a single formula in math, as long as you truly understand why the formulae work.
There are numerous formulae I don't memorize, because I can just resynthesize them on-the-fly since I know why they work.
The ones I have memorized I only know because I've resynthesized them enough times it's second nature.
- To be wronged is nothing, unless you continue to remember it.
- Grudges are dumb. Don't hurt youself with their stupidity.
- If someone corrects you, and you feel offended, then you have an ego problem.
- Seriously, they're doing you a huge favor. If you don't listen now you'll only make a fool of yourself later.
- Everyone suffers one of two pains: the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret.
Suffer a little now or a lot later.
Although, for me, I have suffered both pains!
Clearly, I am not living my life most efficiently.