- The ĉ, ĝ, ĵ, and ŝ sounds are no longer phonemic. They are allophonic.
- /j/ is now an allophone of /i/ before a vowel.
- /w/ is now an allophone of /u/ before a vowel.
- c, ĉ and ĝ are split into their constituents: ts,tŝ,dĵ
- ŝV and ĵV become siV and ziV. In rare cases where you would have a ŝ or ĵ not before a vowel, these become s and z instead. (eg. ŝtono->stono, eĉ->ets)
- ĥ is now x.
- -us (The conditional) becomes -u-, placed before the tense marker, and is now the subjunctive mood. The conditional construction is now volas Xi.
- -u (The imperative) is removed, and its replacement construction is now mi volas ti/vi Xi, or, more politely, using Xuas instead of Xi.
- All transitive verbs must use -ig-. If a verb does not contain -ig-, it is intransitive.
- All demonyms must use -ul-. If a noun does not contain -ul-, it is not a demonym.
Vocabulary Additions (Usage Mandatory)
- duki, 'to be driven', back-formed from konduki, traduki.
- ti for singular vi.
- uel for inclusive aŭ (aŭo inkluziva).
- xlora - chartreuse (color).
Vocabulary Additions (Usage Optional)
- Ciugoko, an alternative for Ĉinio.
- gaio, a less formal alternative for ulo 'guy'.
- kulo, an alternative for pugo 'butt'.
- mato, an alternative for matematiko 'math'.
- al is replaced with a.
- antaŭ and antaŭe are replaced with ante.
- el is replaced with e.
- esti is replaced with i.
- Japanio is replaced with Nihono
- kun is replaced with kon. This affects all compounds, too.
- infano, knabo, and knabino are replaced with ixo, ixitsio, and ixino, respectively.
- koloro is replaced with xromo.
- persono (Outside of grammatical context) is replaced with homo.
- plastiko, replacing 'plasto'.
- plasto, replacing 'plastido'.
- pugo is replaced with arso.
- -tiono is replaced with -tio.
- vir-o and vir-in-o are replaced with hom-itsi-o and hom-in-o, respectively.