Please tell me if I've missed any.
- To remember the order of the kana:
- A Kind Samurai Told Naomi How My Yak Ran Wild (+n)
- HAIL UNESCO
- To distinguish the hiragana nu (ぬ) and me (め):
- Imagine nu as a pair of chopsticks (first stroke and beginning of the second stroke) grabbing some noodles (loop at end of stroke 2).
- ...and me just doesn't have any noodles, I guess.
- To distinguish the katakana tsu (ツ) and shi (シ):
- the ten for tsu are aligned to the top of the character: ツ
- the ten for shi are aligned to the side of the character: シ